Umair Haque’s five-step construction kit für next-generation businesses.
(1) the central challenge 21st century boardrooms must face is not reinventing strategies, or business models, but reinventing businesses as institutions.
(2) understand how the global economy, beyond all the chatter about bailouts, bankruptcies, and bubbles, is really changing.
(3) understanding that next-generation businesses are built on new DNA, or new ways to organize and manage economic activities.
(4) We need no less than better corporate governance, a working shareholder democracy, a recognition of what capital really is (and isn’t), radically more enduring incentives – aligned with outcomes that actually matter to people
(5) we have to put the meaning back into business.